Additional Fees
Equipment Quality
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I had a pop up on my Facebook and I responded to the ad for the Hebrew Institute for Bibiical Language on Saturday eve.On Sunday morning I got my first call from a sells rep who said "Shalom from Israel".

The caller ID said Massachusetts. I was impressed with the price but wanted to talk with my husband. I promptly received an email with additional enrollment information. The next day I sent an email stating that I was interested in enrolling and received a call within minutes.

I had asked about their Hebrew language program for kids and told them how my grandson loves wearing his yarmulke and tzit-zit. The sales rep preceded to refer to my grandson as her and she. That's when I started to really question who o was on the phone and was concerned about giving a foreign country my bank information with so I put them off. They called 9 times over the next day and a half and each time I let it go to voice mail.

Each missed call was followed up with an email. When I sent an email telling them I had decided to wait and felt pressure to make a fast decision, the response I got back was reminding me that I was the one who said I wanted to enroll and their persistence was just good customer services. I can't say if this is a scam or not but I would not give my bank information.

I would have gone to my bank to open a limited bank account but they called on the weekend and Monday was a holiday.So that didn't help élevait my concerns.

Review about: Eteacher Group Customer Care.

Comments

philomena
Blackpool, Blackpool, United Kingdom #1291632

Be very, very careful with this company.Some of their teachers are excellent - others are not and if you end up with a bad one you will not have a good experience.

Never give them your bank details. If you sign up pay by Paypal. If you don't have an account it is easy to open one. If you try to cancel and are paying in instalments and they have your bank details they will take the balance immediately out of your bank account.

I don't know what price they quoted you for the foundation course. The cost of each course is 1199USD for 30 55 minute lessons although you can often haggle a discount out of them. As many as 16 or even 17 students can be assigned to each class so the time for each student is limited at the beginning. By the end it will be a different matter as by this time most students will have fled.

There are also several Open Classes if you have time to attend - this is for students to ask questions so is not a conventional class as such.

The courses are confusing and not well structured for beginners or even more advanced students. Well over 70% of the students who sign up for the foundation course never complete it and at the end of it you will not have covered the whole of the basic verb which is not started until Unit 20 which is far too late. By the end of the course you will not have covered imperatives, participles or infinitives which are left until the Course B.

There are far less expensive and much more effective options for learning Biblical Hebrew.

Biblical Hebrew is not easy - whatever they try to tell you. It takes hours each week of disciplined study to be successful.

Think very, very carefully before you agree to take a course with this company.The "academic advisors" have no academic qualifications or experience - they are hard nosed sales reps who will sell you as much as they possibly can.